So I leave in just a couple days. And that means packing. But I am packing for 2.5 weeks in two different climates (very different) and I need a lot of outfits for dinners and for synagogue and for other fairly fancy and proper events. And that means jewellery, heels, and effort. AND IT DRIVES ME NUTS!
New shoes seem stupid (not new but never worn, purchased 6 monnths ago) but I am hoping since they have nike air soles in them they wont be too bad!
Figure this Rebecca Minkoff bag along with my blue mini mac one should be able to do double duty and be worn for dressy and casual.
This dress looks SOOOO bad lying on the ground. But its got built in control top stuff going on in it and looks great on. I have it with these black flats, but can easily switch it up and wear the red heels or the black wedges if I wanted.
This Ralph Lauren dress has become a go to since I bought it for my brothers wedding night function.
And another dress that has become a go to.
And these Coach wedges I know are comfy. Seems though I pack them for every NYC trip I have gone on yet don't recall ever wearing them at home? Not sure why, but just realized, the last 4 trips to NYC in the last 8 months have been with these shoes and yet never once at home.
And for synagogue, I got this pleated black knee length skirt last time I was in NYC at Century 21 but have not worn it yet. And this is the Tiffany silver beads even though in this picture it kind of looks like pearls.
Another knee length wool skirt I bought last trip at Century 21. But this one I have worn a TON.
So overall, I think I have gotten together all the NOT casual clothing I need for NYC. And I feel like I can wear any of the shoes with black tights if its cold (supposed to be chilly many days) yet can wear them all barefoot in Vegas. So overall, I have worked out my accessories, my shoes and my bags for the entire trip, along with my big bag I wear on the plane.
- 14K Rose Gold Earrings (purchased off of zulily a year ago)
- 14K Yellow Gold Earrings (purchased off of zulily a year ago)
- 14K White Gold Earrings (purchased off of zulily a year ago)
- Tiffany and Co. Frank Gehry Orchid double drop earrings
- Cate and Chloe Mirabelle "Beauty" Earrings
- Cate and Chloe Savannah "plain" earrings
- Cate and Chloe Leanne "princess" earrings
- Cate and Chloe Karie 'Beloved" Bangle (no longer available)
- Chloe & Isabel Rhinestone Open Bangle Set in Antique brass & shiny rose gold (no longer available)
- Bangle from Laura's
- Tiffany and Co ELSA PERETTI Aegean Toggle Bracelet
- Cate and Chloe Patricia "Noble" Bracelet
- Necklace from Laura's
- Tiffany and Co TIFFANY BEADS Necklace
- Zoppini Stainless Steel Necklace encrusted with Diamond and Onyx
- Cate and Chloe Laurel "Nature" Leaf Necklace
- Cate and Chloe Savannah "Plain" Necklace
- Tiffany and Co Frank Gehry Orchid Double Drop necklace (no longer available, single drop here)
- Cate and Chloe Yesenia "Flourish" Turquoise Pendant Necklace
- Silver and Pearl long chain from Laura's
- Silver and crystal long chain from Laura's
- Cleo's Rust Jasper Stone Statement Necklace
- Aldo Accessories multi layered gold and black bead necklace
And all is packed in the pouches they came in, and if not the little velvet pouches from my makeup compacts.
Then all the not extremely large pieces goes in this cute Bobbi Brown cube bag. The rest I did not want just on its own.
So I took out the chunky necklaces and the bracelets and put them in this second makeup bag. I also put all my hair ties and bobby pins in. So other than my sunglasses all my accessories are packed and ready to go in two nice compact pouches!
Now, I just have to come up with the casual outfits for NYC and my week of Vegas outfits (though the black laser cut out dress will be one of the ones I wear for a night out there) and make sure they work with the 3 pairs of shoes and the accessories. I will also wear either my red Michael Kors flats or more likely my purple/grey/silver desigual flats on the plane, so I will have those as well.
How do YOU pack? Do you make out a list, do you lay out outfits like this? I usually have it all written out in a long list that I write out and then tweek 20 times for the week or so leading up to my trip. This time I am packing (or starting too) merely 3 days before my trip and feel so stressed out. I am the OCD obsessive list maker usually and this is NOT working for me!